Yep, it’s time for a change again. Like last time, I feel it’d be good for the blog to have a face lift; something that’s easier to read.
I noticed that TwT was terrible on mobile devices with the previous layout, so I switched things around and I think I’m quite pleased with the current look.
I’m also pleased for the banner to make a comeback.
I haven’t been posting a great deal compared to a little while back, and I’m losing confidence in the blog, but I’ll endeavor not to give up on it—there are enough blogs buried in Internet graveyards as it is.
The main issue I have is feeling as though so few people read it, therefore why bother? However, there are some of you out there, plus a decent number of shares at times, and I am grateful for such support.
Hope y’all dig the changes.
I want to occasionally give you guys an update as to what’s going on with the blog, rather than just typing out the usual weirdness.
Today, I finally decided to ditch the previous layout, but rather than just doing that and saying nothing, I wanted to share with you why I did it.
- The new layout has much bigger text, which may help those with bad eyesight, or reading from further away, whilst also having what I feel to be more presence.
- The lack of a banner is a shame, especially as I did design the previous one, despite how simple it was to make. In order to have a banner back, it would be gigantic, and to fix that, it becomes a matter of coin.
- The previous layout was absolutely rubbish for mobile devices, as I’m sure some of you have noticed. I’m aware of at least one reader—you know how you are—who uses such a device, and so I feel it’s important for content to be as accessible as possible.
- I get to actually give you some neat little features on the left side of the page. Finally you guys can see the 10 most recent posts, search for specific content in TwT, and various other bits and bobs.
- The comment section looks far better, ‘though I can’t quite describe why. I suppose it looks more organised, and less like it was thrown together in 5 minutes. What do you think?
I hope you are liking TwT. If you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know in the comments below, by contacting me on Twitter, or by messaging me at TwT’s E-Mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org. I know, Hotmail—so original!
I thought it was about time I added a way in which you guys can privately message me, for those who don’t fancy leaving comments—I know there are people out there who aren’t so public and like to sneak about in the shadows.
I repurposed an old, empty Twitter account I never bothered to use, and slapped a new lick of paint on it, although at some point I will work on that blurry banner.
You are free to send me a private message on Twitter. At the bottom of every entry on TwT, you’ll find a bit of text letting you know you can keep up to date with TwT via Twitter. When a new post is out, I’ll let you know about it on Twitter so you don’t miss out. I’m also hoping this will bring in some people from the Twitterverse as well, because I’d love to get this blog out there more, as it’s still somewhat of a lurker.
If you would like to help, you could support TwT by sharing updates on Twitter, or even just following, should that take your fancy, assuming you are indeed already a Twitter user. At the end of the day, a blog is nothing without its readers.
I also added to the about me page and added a bit of color to the different categories of the blog entries. I hope they don’t confuse you!
If there are any changes you would personally like to see, do let me know.
Lastly, I just want to take the chance to thank those of you who have been supportive of TwT and friendly to boot. I’m also greatful for all the shares and particularly those of you who keep coming back, because you guys are all important!